Tuesday 2 December 2014

Crockpot soup of the day- Hearty potato&veg with kielbasa sausage(optional)

Today's Crockpot slow cooker recipe is my take on the traditional hearty vegetable soup.

 I'm trying out Kielbasa sausage because hey, if you don't try you'll never know. 


I made half a portion here which yields about 4 servings. For double the portion, use double the ingredients. I never measure accurately, sorry.
  • 900ml vegetable broth (use two cartons for 8 servings)
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 1/2 white onion
  • 2 baby potatoes
  • 1/2 zucchini
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 2 cups diced tomatoes
  • 1 carrot
For the sausage, I used a very small portion and chopped into fine pieces. My guesstimate is thumbsize.





After adding the dry ingredients into the crock pot, I added the broth and sausage and added cilantro for taste (you don't have to).


Now I'm going to cover and leave on low for 6-8 hrs. You can adjust the temp if you need it in 4-6 hrs, but for my schedule, this works best!















Will update with nutritional value, pictures and a taste test, once when it's ready to serve. 
                                                         -Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment